I think childhood is a magical time is a person's life and reading is essential to oping the door to knowledge and discovery, as often I find a special place in the house where I put decorations and books, with personalized reading pillows, etc. Just a cozy place to snuggle with a book, ..Hey! I want to be there too!
The Reading Corner
I find that if I keep changing the decorations and the books to go with the season, it adds more interest and keep the magic in the children glowing. I ask the children to help me make the decorations. As you can see several hearts hanging from the ceiling. Each heart has writings in them. That particular months was February.. Valentines!!!!!, as the month began, we counseled as a family to work on being more kind to each other. Topically, during the months of winter, my children get a little more restless because they can't go outside to play as much. So they become less tolerant of each other. We work on doing, speaking, secretly serving with acts of love, we write down in those hearts those good deeds. At the end of the month, because of the good work the kids and parents have done, I throw a Valentines Party, where the children can invite their friends and CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S.



No comments:
Post a Comment